Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders

Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get latest news on Karachi Stock Market
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Registered member get added in mailing list for mailing updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Be the first to know the KSE latest announcements shared by our members
  • Registered members get access to Protected Forums and topics
  • Registration is free Create Account
  • If you are already a member just Sign in
To Create Account ( Click Here )
To Sign In ( Click Here )

Moving Average

9 replies to this topic

Waseem

• 97 posts
  • Joined 26-March 06
  • Skin: Main Blue

Current mood: Musical
    AA guys,

Let me know what is ideal time periods (# of days) should be taken to calculate MA for KSE 100 index as well as for other scripts?

Thanks
    Take care.

Regards

WT

alam

• Senior
    • 1,097 posts
    • Joined 19-February 06

Current mood: None chosen
    taken from a forum, Some ones personal view about MA

------------------------------------------------------

10 DMA has been a long time market standard for shorter term trading and some of us have been using 9 DMA for about 10 years (1 up on wall street LOL). The other 2 standards are 50 (where institutions like to buy on a bounce) and 200 is kind of the last gasp support and when the indexes all break 200 it is usually curtains for a while.

20 or 21 is a commonly used interim between the 10 and 50 and day traders more commonly watch 4 or 5 DMA and perhaps 2 DMA for real short term trading. Actually the best way to work it is to match a DMA to your stock you are watching or trading to see what it uses to bounce off of and 3 connecting points or more in a row form a trend line.

regards

View PostWaseem, on Jul 12 2006, 10:12 PM, said:

AA guys,

Let me know what is ideal time periods (# of days) should be taken to calculate MA for KSE 100 index as well as for other scripts?

Thanks

mavirk

... and to hell with the Idiots!

• Senior
    • 1,479 posts
    • Joined 16-November 06

-

Edited by mavirk, 28 November 2007 - 03:21 PM.

alam

• Senior
    • 1,097 posts
    • Joined 19-February 06

View Postmavirk, on Dec 28 2006, 09:14 PM, said:

Hi guys,

There is no ideal MA or MA Combination. The real think is the price. Please always base all you actions (entries and exits based on the PRICE. However, that does not mean you should not use MAs. They are useful in as much as just giving you a "somewhat" late picture of the price event. I use 9-26 SMA for short-range, 50 EMA for mid-range and and 200 EMA for long-range. Experiment, and come up with you own combo.

If you trade, using MA's as you secondary signal (remember, price is the first), please incorporate A/D, 14-Day RSI (and a 20-day smoothing thereof), and the MACD.

Best of luck,

R u the MA Virk sb who has been writing Afl codes in amibroker site. If you are then Welcome to this forum and thank you for sending your codes to me. I am glad you decided to drop in. Would definitely like to benefit from your knowledge and experience.

If you are not even then Welcome.

regards

kashif

• 37 posts
    • Joined 19-February 06

View Postalam, on Dec 28 2006, 09:41 PM, said:

R u the MA Virk sb who has been writing Afl codes in amibroker site. If you are then Welcome to this forum and thank you for sending your codes to me. I am glad you decided to drop in. Would definitely like to benefit from your knowledge and experience.

If you are not even then Welcome.

regards

A warm welcome from me as well, need ur expertise and guidance as we are just novices.....saw some work of mr mubashir virk on amibroker, his programming expertise and experience is not very common specially in our part of the world. i request mr virk to kindly advise us regularly on this forum..once again welcome aboard....
    regards
    kashif

jayzee

• Senior
    • 200 posts
    • Joined 17-January 07

I cant say nothing about my expertise in TA, i think the best combination is using exponential moving averages. Best combination is 50 day and 200 day. Think of these averages as support and resistance levels. It also matters if 50 day is crossing 200 day, generally it indicates that the stock is in uptrend. Other case is 200 day is above 50 day and the stock bounced of the 50 day support the 200 day MA will act as a resistance. If the stock does not make a bullish signal of crossing the 200 day close your position and wait it to bounce of the 50 day and buy it again. I use Candlesticks and pay very close attention to particualr daily and weekly signals when the stock price is near the MAs.
    Plus, look for patterns in the stock charts they help a lot in making a right decision. Try not to forget the long, intermediate, and short term trend.

Happy tradinnnnn

Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE) Daily Reports

Top Pakistani Sites        Haroof Top Sites    Promoted at Global Promote

Indemnity, Disclaimer & Disclosure Notice:
    • By visiting TeziMandee.com you indicate your acceptance of our Forum Rules Disclaimer & Disclosure and indemnify TeziMandee.com, its associates and related parties of all claims howsoever resulting from the usage of the forum.
    Disclaimer: Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility. TeziMandee.com will not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.
    Disclosure: The information in this forum is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.
    • All names or products mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Copyright © 2006 - 2012, TeziMandee.com All Rights Reserved.
    eXTReMe Tracker