Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders

Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get latest news on Karachi Stock Market
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Registered member get added in mailing list for mailing updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Be the first to know the KSE latest announcements shared by our members
  • Registered members get access to Protected Forums and topics
  • Registration is free Create Account
  • If you are already a member just Sign in
To Create Account ( Click Here )
To Sign In ( Click Here )

Quote Tracker

- - - - -

5 replies to this topic

alam

• Senior
  • 1,097 posts
  • Joined 19-February 06
  • Skin: Main Blue

Current mood: None chosen
    Adeel,

I guess we have been through this road before but i think the below mentioned was not discussed so here we go again.

I have copied this from Quotetracker's site. This very same thing was repeated in response to a query by Jerry (quotetracker owner) regarding inclusion of KSE.
    -------------------
    QuoteTracker has a "WebUpdate" capability - Select OPTIONS/WebUpdate menu, to connect to our web site and download new or updated configuration files or program updates.
    We are always willing to add more quote sources to the program at customer's request. If you know of a site that provides UNLIMITED real-time quotes that you would like to add to the list of sites that Medved QuoteTracker works with, e-mail us at Support@QuoteTracker.com with the URL of the site and

anything else needed to connect to it,

and we will create a new file that will allow you to use the site in this program. We will create and test the new Site Configuration File, and will place it on our web site where it will be available to any user of Medved QuoteTracker who uses the "WebUpdate" feature.
    Note that if the site is protected by name password, each user has to register and have his/her own Login ID and Password and any such information you enter into the program is local, resides only on your computer, and cannot be accessed by anyone else on the Internet.
    --------------------------

What could be the "anything" that he mentions. Is it something resembling your FeedDDEServer or is it something else. I have accounts with KASB and AKD. What do i have to send for a seamless integration of quotetracker and either KASB or AKD.

Any body can answer. reason i refered to Adeel is because this is right up his bailiwick

Regards

M.Alam

Adeel

• Senior
    • 237 posts
    • Joined 24-March 06

View Postalam, on Jul 17 2006, 01:06 PM, said:

Adeel,

I guess we have been through this road before but i think the below mentioned was not discussed so here we go again.

I have copied this from Quotetracker's site. This very same thing was repeated in response to a query by Jerry (quotetracker owner) regarding inclusion of KSE.
    -------------------
    QuoteTracker has a "WebUpdate" capability - Select OPTIONS/WebUpdate menu, to connect to our web site and download new or updated configuration files or program updates.
    We are always willing to add more quote sources to the program at customer's request. If you know of a site that provides UNLIMITED real-time quotes that you would like to add to the list of sites that Medved QuoteTracker works with, e-mail us at Support@QuoteTracker.com with the URL of the site and

anything else needed to connect to it,

and we will create a new file that will allow you to use the site in this program. We will create and test the new Site Configuration File, and will place it on our web site where it will be available to any user of Medved QuoteTracker who uses the "WebUpdate" feature.
    Note that if the site is protected by name password, each user has to register and have his/her own Login ID and Password and any such information you enter into the program is local, resides only on your computer, and cannot be accessed by anyone else on the Internet.
    --------------------------

What could be the "anything" that he mentions. Is it something resembling your FeedDDEServer or is it something else. I have accounts with KASB and AKD. What do i have to send for a seamless integration of quotetracker and either KASB or AKD.

Any body can answer. reason i refered to Adeel is because this is right up his bailiwick
    Regards

M.Alam
    I have already told you the AKD and KASB do not provide real time quotes. Real time Data Feed and the data used in KASB or AKD are totally different things.

Real Time data feed is something like a cable tv where all the channels stream in a single cable concruently regardless of which channel you are viewing on your tv. If you connect two TVs to the same cable, you can watch two different channels. so in KSE's datafeed, each and every trade is included whether you want to display it or not.

The KASB terminal is different in a sense that the KSE's datafeed first goes to KASB's server where it resides in the database. Your terminal sends its request to KASB's server for a specific set of symbols and in return the KASB's server send back the data. Same is true for AKD the only difference is that they show that data on their website using a java appelet.
    Adeel Akhtar,

alam

• Senior
    • 1,097 posts
    • Joined 19-February 06

Adeel,

Thanks. Clears up the mystery a bit.

Regards

M.Alam

View PostAdeel, on Jul 19 2006, 12:19 PM, said:

I have already told you the AKD and KASB do not provide real time quotes. Real time Data Feed and the data used in KASB or AKD are totally different things.

Real Time data feed is something like a cable tv where all the channels stream in a single cable concruently regardless of which channel you are viewing on your tv. If you connect two TVs to the same cable, you can watch two different channels. so in KSE's datafeed, each and every trade is included whether you want to display it or not.

The KASB terminal is different in a sense that the KSE's datafeed first goes to KASB's server where it resides in the database. Your terminal sends its request to KASB's server for a specific set of symbols and in return the KASB's server send back the data. Same is true for AKD the only difference is that they show that data on their website using a java appelet.

the_TRADER

• 1 posts
    • Joined 06-October 07

Can Any tone tell me how can I import data from KSE to Quotetracker
    I am very much new

Plz suggest 8 earliest

ReenPhek

• Starter
    • 93 posts
    • Joined 18-November 09

I think you can think of a better phrase than that fish one soutpaw41L
    Banned User

ReenPhek

• Starter
    • 93 posts
    • Joined 18-November 09

I think you can think of a better phrase than that fish one soutpaw41L like, "If your a good gunslinger you dont have any enemies alive that was from the great movie "The Magnificent Seve" I love that movie do you guys?
    Banned User

Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE) Daily Reports

Top Pakistani Sites        Haroof Top Sites    Promoted at Global Promote

Indemnity, Disclaimer & Disclosure Notice:
    • By visiting TeziMandee.com you indicate your acceptance of our Forum Rules Disclaimer & Disclosure and indemnify TeziMandee.com, its associates and related parties of all claims howsoever resulting from the usage of the forum.
    Disclaimer: Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility. TeziMandee.com will not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.
    Disclosure: The information in this forum is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.
    • All names or products mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Copyright © 2006 - 2012, TeziMandee.com All Rights Reserved.
    eXTReMe Tracker