Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders

Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get latest news on Karachi Stock Market
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Registered member get added in mailing list for mailing updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Be the first to know the KSE latest announcements shared by our members
  • Registered members get access to Protected Forums and topics
  • Registration is free Create Account
  • If you are already a member just Sign in
To Create Account ( Click Here )
To Sign In ( Click Here )

Charting Software

- - - - -

10 replies to this topic

alam

• Senior
  • 1,097 posts
  • Joined 19-February 06
  • Skin: Main Blue

Current mood: None chosen
    On another forum someone asked about Charting software. Since Metastock seems to be the holy grail for all forum members, i am adding the comment about Metastock.

Does anyone have an opinion of what the best, most powerful, flexible, programmable charting software/service is? I've heard some folks in other forums talk about Stockcharts.com and several mention that they have/use TC2005.

Any opinions (based on experience)?

Thanks,

Frank
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Frank,

I've never used stockcharts.com but I know a lot of people like them. I've heard mixed reviews on TC2005 but mostly good. My own experience is with Metastock and now with Amibroker. Metastock is a bit overloaded in my opinion and the customer service isn't there...the main reason I left. I now use Amibroker and highly recommend it. They have a 2 week free trial from their site (amibroker.com) as well if you want to try them out.

Steve B

CandlestickTrades.com
    ---------------------------------------------------

I use Telechart. I'm pretty satisfied.

My blog....
    http://profitdrivenc...t.blogspot.com/

----------------------------------------------------

I am playing around with Amibroker and i too prefer it over MetaStock. True professional Chartist/TA's might find MetaStock because of its power but till the i get to that level, i will stick with Amibroker.

regards

M.Alam

alam

• Senior
    • 1,097 posts
    • Joined 19-February 06

My comments on KSestockandfungroup regards adware/spyware infiltrating the system while downloading cracks.

I am playing around with Amibroker and i too prefer it over
    MetaStock. True professional Chartist/TA's might find MetaStock more
    useful because of its power but till the i get to that level, i will
    stick with Amibroker.It is available for free at Amibroker's site,
    but the crack doesnt work. There is a crack available for version
    4.6 which does work but only for few days. You have to re-install
    and go through the whole process of reloading the data and setting
    up the screens. A word of warning. be very very careful about
    downloading the crack from these underground sites. Sick and tired
    of being unable to find the software in local market i downloaded
    different cracks in the hope of finding a correct one. Now for the
    past three days i have been trying to get rid of the viruses which
    have flooded my computer. Norton, McAfee nothing seems to work. They
    say the computer is virus free but i know it is not because spam
    mails are being generated and sent the moment i am connected to the
    net. The last resort is that i format the drive and reinstall every
    thing but this is something that i dread.

Problem with Amibroker is that we have to enter the quote daily at
    the end of the day as KSE is not updated by any quote sites. I have
    been writing to "medved quote tracker" people but they too do not
    have any pakistani stock exchange quotes available real time or end
    of day.

regards

M.Alam

AbDuLmAtEeNkHaN

CAPTAIN

• TEAM
    • 12,806 posts
    • Joined 10-February 06

Current mood: Busy
    Alam bhai .. Yes in Amibroker or any other software you always have to add manually the data after the market coz our KSE is not advance and cant afford to give us a link aur other quote trackers to add the data to there .. System coz they have to pay some money for that you must be a broker or a media to have live access to kse data ... anyways .. rest data we can get after the market ... anyways I am in search of the data .. In coming days I will give a good news Insshallah .. Gathering 3 years data 2003-2006.

You are right that downloading and searching the cracks is not an easy task and I won’t recommend to do so as you are a investor and trader as you have important thing in your pc and most of the cracks contain tarjon(easy way that hacker get access to your pc) and many other spyware to keep and eye on your activities and this mail worm is also a big tention .. so for downloading such crakes your pc should be update with virus latest protection and addwaer remover and all the tools necessary to guard your pc….

As I am here to help so no need to anybody take that kind of risks just ask me Insshallah I will proved you .. scanned once 

Regards,

Posted Image

Click Here For: "Daily Reports From Different Brokerage Houses"
    Note: Please make your own due diligence before making any decision

Regards,
    Abdul Mateen Khan

alam

• Senior
    • 1,097 posts
    • Joined 19-February 06

View PostAbDuLmAtEeNkHaN, on Mar 5 2006, 09:27 PM, said:

Alam bhai .. Yes in Amibroker or any other software you always have to add manually the data after the market coz our KSE is not advance and cant afford to give us a link aur other quote trackers to add the data to there .. System coz they have to pay some money for that you must be a broker or a media to have live access to kse data ... anyways .. rest data we can get after the market ... anyways I am in search of the data .. In coming days I will give a good news Insshallah .. Gathering 3 years data 2003-2006.

You are right that downloading and searching the cracks is not an easy task and I won’t recommend to do so as you are a investor and trader as you have important thing in your pc and most of the cracks contain tarjon(easy way that hacker get access to your pc) and many other spyware to keep and eye on your activities and this mail worm is also a big tention .. so for downloading such crakes your pc should be update with virus latest protection and addwaer remover and all the tools necessary to guard your pc….

As I am here to help so no need to anybody take that kind of risks just ask me Insshallah I will proved you .. scanned once 

Regards,

Mateen Sb,

Thank you very much for the offer but too late the hero:)

In my eagerness to proceed with AMIBROKER i managed to download some very virulent of virus. All my efforts to get rid of them by using antivirus and reinstalling windows failed. Finally last night i managed to get my computer functional. Downside i lost all the data that i had saved for Amibroker:)

not to worry. i will start my data collection again. hard work always rewards.:)

AbDuLmAtEeNkHaN

CAPTAIN

• TEAM
    • 12,806 posts
    • Joined 10-February 06

Current mood: Busy
    Good Luck Bhai ..

Posted Image

Click Here For: "Daily Reports From Different Brokerage Houses"
    Note: Please make your own due diligence before making any decision

Regards,
    Abdul Mateen Khan

gemini2gr8

SECOND LIEUTENANT

• News Desk
    • 2,033 posts
    • Joined 03-April 06

CANDLE Sticks

biggthumpup.gif biggthumpup.gif
    Ps: The above information is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein !!
    Do ur own home wrok & reserch b4 buy or sell !!!

PASSA APP KA PROFIT APP KA OR LOSS BHE APP KA !!!!!!!
    Regards

Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE) Daily Reports

Top Pakistani Sites        Haroof Top Sites    Promoted at Global Promote

Indemnity, Disclaimer & Disclosure Notice:
    • By visiting TeziMandee.com you indicate your acceptance of our Forum Rules Disclaimer & Disclosure and indemnify TeziMandee.com, its associates and related parties of all claims howsoever resulting from the usage of the forum.
    Disclaimer: Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility. TeziMandee.com will not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.
    Disclosure: The information in this forum is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.
    • All names or products mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Copyright © 2006 - 2012, TeziMandee.com All Rights Reserved.
    eXTReMe Tracker