Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders

Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get latest news on Karachi Stock Market
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Registered member get added in mailing list for mailing updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Be the first to know the KSE latest announcements shared by our members
  • Registered members get access to Protected Forums and topics
  • Registration is free Create Account
  • If you are already a member just Sign in
To Create Account ( Click Here )
To Sign In ( Click Here )

Technical Trading Signals

21 replies to this topic

mavirk

... and to hell with the Idiots!

• Senior
  • 1,479 posts
  • Joined 16-November 06
  • Skin: Main Blue

Current mood: None chosen

View Postalam, on Apr 10 2007, 06:08 AM, said:

I think the group has been closed because of in-activity by the group administrator :)
    PS: The administrator has become more active here . One groups loss is another groups gain. :goodl:

Alam Sab, Can you think of someone who might have gotten a nice kick out of my failed experiment.

Ahir

Advanced Member

• Junior
    • 559 posts
    • Joined 08-April 06

View Postmavirk, on Apr 10 2007, 11:48 AM, said:

Alam Sab, Can you think of someone who might have gotten a nice kick out of my failed experiment.
    Mav,
    Although i am not alam Sab, neither in name nor in experience but still want to share that your experience confirmed that i was not thinking foolish about setting up some indicators/rules for entering/exit (also mentioned in my email to you, still waiting for your response).

mavirk

• Senior
    • 1,479 posts
    • Joined 16-November 06

View PostAhir, on Apr 10 2007, 12:00 PM, said:

Mav,
    Although i am not alam Sab, neither in name nor in experience but still want to share that your experience confirmed that i was not thinking foolish about setting up some indicators/rules for entering/exit (also mentioned in my email to you, still waiting for your response).

I am sorry. Normally, I try to respond to personal emails on as soon as they are in basis. Could you please email me again, as it might have been filtered. mavirk@gmail.com

Edited by mavirk, 10 April 2007 - 12:45 PM.

alam

• Senior
    • 1,097 posts
    • Joined 19-February 06

View Postmavirk, on Apr 10 2007, 11:48 AM, said:

Yes me. I am trying to setup a trading system which i can understand and minimise my losses. I think that it could become the basis of my trading.

Ahir Sb,

Once you have found the solution to your queries to Virk sb, would appreciate if you could post it here(if it is not propriety and confidential).

mavirk

• Senior
    • 1,479 posts
    • Joined 16-November 06

View Postalam, on Apr 10 2007, 06:28 PM, said:

Yes me. I am trying to setup a trading system which i can understand and minimise my losses. I think that it could become the basis of my trading.

Ahir Sb,

Once you have found the solution to your queries to Virk sb, would appreciate if you could post it here(if it is not propriety and confidential).

:) Alam Sab, you are a charmer.

Ahir

Advanced Member

• Junior
    • 559 posts
    • Joined 08-April 06

View Postalam, on Apr 10 2007, 06:28 PM, said:

Ahir Sb,

Alam Bhai,Here it is,

Mubashar Virk writes,
    Trendlines, double-tops, double-bottoms, support, resistance: I think these are all archaic symbols and look very attractive in the middle of a chart. Do they tell us any thing about the future price movement. No. They mostly add to technical bias. And support and resistance are mere historical reference points. Nothing more, nothing else.

I mostly rely on Technical Indicators that are purely mathematical and based on price and volume. I have never used a trendline. And I run at the very first sight of a chart pattern.

Experience the Indicators shown in Amibroker Screens:
    Posted Image
    WAD is actually Williams' Accumulation Distribution, named after the great trader Larry Williams, who popularized the concept of accumulation/distribution. As I told your earlier my coding of WAD is not accurate. So please replace that with the regular A/D indicator in your setup.

Swing trade2 and 3 just measure the strength of the momentum. You might wish to go to Equis site for a more detailed explanation (please do so, you will like it very much. the exact link is given in one of Rick's posts in the RMO section amibrokerfan.com. If you have metastock, then you may wish to look up the setup in there (I have metastock, but prefer to use RMO, and Swings in the Amibroker).

Posted Image
    You may wish to add Volume to the above.
    Posted Image

it is any easy to spot ups and down.

I have come to believe that if one wishes to trade momentum and following the trend (short-term or long-term), then the best thing to do it following the price over time. RMO and Appel's do that very well.

Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE) Daily Reports

Top Pakistani Sites        Haroof Top Sites    Promoted at Global Promote

Indemnity, Disclaimer & Disclosure Notice:
    • By visiting TeziMandee.com you indicate your acceptance of our Forum Rules Disclaimer & Disclosure and indemnify TeziMandee.com, its associates and related parties of all claims howsoever resulting from the usage of the forum.
    Disclaimer: Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility. TeziMandee.com will not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.
    Disclosure: The information in this forum is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.
    • All names or products mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Copyright © 2006 - 2012, TeziMandee.com All Rights Reserved.
    eXTReMe Tracker