Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders

Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get latest news on Karachi Stock Market
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Registered member get added in mailing list for mailing updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Be the first to know the KSE latest announcements shared by our members
  • Registered members get access to Protected Forums and topics
  • Registration is free Create Account
  • If you are already a member just Sign in
To Create Account ( Click Here )
To Sign In ( Click Here )

Technical Trading Signals

21 replies to this topic

alam

• Senior
  • 1,097 posts
  • Joined 19-February 06
  • Skin: Main Blue

Current mood: None chosen

View Postmavirk, on Apr 3 2007, 08:32 PM, said:

Virk Sb,

Finally managed to read your work on Appels Triple indicator. Looks interesting. I saw something like the four stage cycle in Weinstein's book ages ago.I have another article on this four stage somewhere. I will look for it and post it on TM.

Now coming to the work itself, u have introduced MA to reduce the lag. Again i will ask this question. Your success ratio(i am sure it is success).

Do u think that the addition of some leading indicator to this might refine it a little bit more.

U have mentioned "equilibrium line". Is it always zero or changes as the upper and lower limits change. if it is always zero can a bit of code be added to the formula for drawing the equilibrium line or will it screw up the exploration.

Thank you for sharing the article.

regards

mavirk

... and to hell with the Idiots!

• Senior
    • 1,479 posts
    • Joined 16-November 06

View Postalam, on Apr 7 2007, 08:37 AM, said:

Virk Sb,

Finally managed to read your work on Appels Triple indicator. Looks interesting. I saw something like the four stage cycle in Weinstein's book ages ago.I have another article on this four stage somewhere. I will look for it and post it on TM.

Now coming to the work itself, u have introduced MA to reduce the lag. Again i will ask this question. Your success ratio(i am sure it is success).

Do u think that the addition of some leading indicator to this might refine it a little bit more.

U have mentioned "equilibrium line". Is it always zero or changes as the upper and lower limits change. if it is always zero can a bit of code be added to the formula for drawing the equilibrium line or will it screw up the exploration.
    Thank you for sharing the article.

regards

Dear Alam Sab,

Moving averages are good tools for "averaging out" the lag, but not perfect. I personally do not use any price-action filters. I do not use Appel's for all my trades, but when I have use it, it has never caused me a loss.

I do not use leading indicators.

The "equilibrium line" is at 4, in Appel's. Please do experiment with the line.

Peace

PS: I have poste "RMO" at amibroker and amibrokerfan.com. Please have a look.

alam

• Senior
    • 1,097 posts
    • Joined 19-February 06

View Postmavirk, on Apr 7 2007, 12:07 PM, said:

Dear Alam Sab,

Moving averages are good tools for "averaging out" the lag, but not perfect. I personally do not use any price-action filters. I do not use Appel's for all my trades, but when I have use it, it has never caused me a loss.

I do not use leading indicators.

The "equilibrium line" is at 4, in Appel's. Please do experiment with the line.

Peace

PS: I have poste "RMO" at amibroker and amibrokerfan.com. Please have a look.

I am a magpie. I already downloaded those :biggthumpup:

Let me first grasp the Appels stuff and then i will try to incorporate the RMO. As mentioned previously i am not the sharpest knife in the block.

In your article you had shown a graph with a "zero line" which was the basis for buy/sell signal. I have copied that but my graph doesnt have that zero line. so for each symbol i am drawing a zero line myself. being lazy by nature wanted to have that line pre-drawn.

Now coming to your exploration for Stage four, it churns up PICIC, a scrip on my buying list. To my untrained eye it seems that it is the start of stage two on daily and maybe Stage three on weekly. Can u please clear up this confusion for me.

mavirk

... and to hell with the Idiots!

• Senior
    • 1,479 posts
    • Joined 16-November 06

View Postalam, on Apr 7 2007, 05:31 PM, said:

I am a magpie. I already downloaded those :biggthumpup:

Let me first grasp the Appels stuff and then i will try to incorporate the RMO. As mentioned previously i am not the sharpest knife in the block.

In your article you had shown a graph with a "zero line" which was the basis for buy/sell signal. I have copied that but my graph doesnt have that zero line. so for each symbol i am drawing a zero line myself. being lazy by nature wanted to have that line pre-drawn.

Now coming to your exploration for Stage four, it churns up PICIC, a scrip on my buying list. To my untrained eye it seems that it is the start of stage two on daily and maybe Stage three on weekly. Can u please clear up this confusion for me.

It is not a "zero-line". Perhaps, you would like to take aother look at the chart. The is at 4.

The stages scan is a more or a guideline than a strick rule, and it can be improved. Nevertheless, if is the best technique (that I have come accross) to seperate "yes" stocks from "NO" stocks for short-term trend trading.

I have just finshed running stage-4 scans on KSE EOD data for 5 and 6 April,2007. PICIC did not show up. Have you modified the code?

The system or tools are for use only on "daily" EOD data. If you wish to conduct weekly studies, you must modify or recode the formulas.

Adeel

• Senior
    • 237 posts
    • Joined 24-March 06

View Postmavirk, on Mar 19 2007, 11:46 PM, said:

Hi all,

I have started a new group and posted Day-trading, and short-term momentum signals for 20/03/2006.

Kindly, visit and provide feedback.

http://finance.group...se-technicians/

Mubashar Virk
    can anyone please provide the new link for this group.

Yahoo says there is no such group.

Thanks
    Adeel Akhtar,

alam

• Senior
    • 1,097 posts
    • Joined 19-February 06

View PostAdeel, on Apr 10 2007, 04:07 AM, said:

can anyone please provide the new link for this group.

Yahoo says there is no such group.

Thanks

I think the group has been closed because of in-activity by the group administrator :)

PS: The administrator has become more active here . One groups loss is another groups gain. :goodl:

Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE) Daily Reports

Top Pakistani Sites        Haroof Top Sites    Promoted at Global Promote

Indemnity, Disclaimer & Disclosure Notice:
    • By visiting TeziMandee.com you indicate your acceptance of our Forum Rules Disclaimer & Disclosure and indemnify TeziMandee.com, its associates and related parties of all claims howsoever resulting from the usage of the forum.
    Disclaimer: Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility. TeziMandee.com will not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.
    Disclosure: The information in this forum is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.
    • All names or products mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Copyright © 2006 - 2012, TeziMandee.com All Rights Reserved.
    eXTReMe Tracker