Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders

Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get latest news on Karachi Stock Market
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Registered member get added in mailing list for mailing updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Be the first to know the KSE latest announcements shared by our members
  • Registered members get access to Protected Forums and topics
  • Registration is free Create Account
  • If you are already a member just Sign in
To Create Account ( Click Here )
To Sign In ( Click Here )

Market in Martial Law & Emergency

10 replies to this topic

Muhammed Jawed

• Senior
  • 345 posts
  • Joined 18-February 06
  • Skin: Main Blue

Current mood: None chosen
    Asalamo Alaikum,

I am starting a new topic "Market in Martial Law & Emergency"

Please share your views if Martial Law or Emergency is imposed then market ka
    kiya haal hoga???

Yesterday Peer Saheb Pagara told:
    The Martial Law should have been imposed long ago and
    I am surprised why the same has been delayed yet," he
    said while addressing a press conference at his
    residence "Kingri House" on Thursday.

I think market will be under 10K.... :unsure:

Seniors are requested to share the past records what was the
    reaction of KSE when Martial or Emergency was imposed in Pakistan.

Duniya Fani, Duniya Fani, Duniya Fani ALLAH Baqi
    Keep remember me & my parents in your prayers
    Happy Moments Praise ALLAH...................
    Difficult Moments Seek ALLAH.................
    Quiet Moments Worship ALLAH..................
    Painful Moments Trust ALLAH..................
    MOMENT BY MOMENT SHUKAR ALLAH AL-HAMDOLILLAH.

mkshoaib

• Junior
    • 285 posts
    • Joined 18-February 06

i think market will go down badly

Sid2

Jesse Livermore Fan

• Senior
    • 2,553 posts
    • Joined 06-March 06

It all depends on whether it is a "successful" martial law or "unsuccessful" martial law. :unsure:

I mean to say, if the martial law is successful in quelling political disturbances, then the market will definitely go up. On the other hand, if the martial law is not successful & political protests intensify, then the market will go down.

The market loves certainty & hates uncertainty, so initially it would go down when things are uncertain, but if things become certain at some point, then it will go into bull mode.

I don't have any information about the KSE reaction in past martial laws (I'm not that old :letsparty:) but from the books I read about the Western stock market, the cases dealt with were wars & assassinations (no martial law there, obviously :achay:).

In the case of the first world war, the US bhai loog got so scared that they closed the market for 6 months. But when it finally opened, but still in the middle of a war, there was massive bullishness.

In the case of the second world war, it initially took a dip, but then quickly stabilised & when it becamse clear that the US was going to win, it went into a bull run. On the other hand, the German & Japanese stock markets crashed almost to zero, when it was clear the countries were going to lose & be occupied (which is the ultimate in an uncertain situation).

In the cases of presidential assassinations, there is an initial dip for 1 or 2 days, but when the Vice President takes charge and things become clear, then it quickly recovers.

Sid2

Jesse Livermore Fan

• Senior
    • 2,553 posts
    • Joined 06-March 06

Another case I read about was the UK stock market during the time when the pound sterling was forced out of the Euro-zone.

The John Major government of that time had been committed to making sure the pound joined the Euro. However, to do this they needed to keep the pound trading within a certain range against other European currencies.

The market speculators felt that the pound looked to be weak & started their attacks. Initially, the Government tried to resist by hiking interest rates to stop the pound being devalued. During this time (of uncertainty) the stock market went down.

Finally, the Government decided that the whole thing was a lost cause & not to join the Euro. Things were now suddenly certain, with interest rates returning to normal levels, and the stock market took a sharp upward swing & became positive.

AbDuLmAtEeNkHaN

CAPTAIN

• TEAM
    • 12,806 posts
    • Joined 10-February 06

Current mood: Busy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Click Here For: "Daily Reports From Different Brokerage Houses"
    Note: Please make your own due diligence before making any decision

Regards,
    Abdul Mateen Khan

Sid2

Jesse Livermore Fan

• Senior
    • 2,553 posts
    • Joined 06-March 06

One thing I can comment on as a "senior" is Pir Pagara. I am sufficiently "senior" :unsure: to remember a few of his past beyaan during the 1990's, and I can assure you that the guy is treated as some sort of Oracle, but his record of correctly predicting the future course of events is no better than any other politician.

Also, he is not sufficiently high-up in the present set-up to know any "inside information" about what is being discussed & planned at the "highest levels".

Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE) Daily Reports

Top Pakistani Sites        Haroof Top Sites    Promoted at Global Promote

Indemnity, Disclaimer & Disclosure Notice:
    • By visiting TeziMandee.com you indicate your acceptance of our Forum Rules Disclaimer & Disclosure and indemnify TeziMandee.com, its associates and related parties of all claims howsoever resulting from the usage of the forum.
    Disclaimer: Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility. TeziMandee.com will not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.
    Disclosure: The information in this forum is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.
    • All names or products mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Copyright © 2006 - 2012, TeziMandee.com All Rights Reserved.
    eXTReMe Tracker