Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders

Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get latest news on Karachi Stock Market
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Registered member get added in mailing list for mailing updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Be the first to know the KSE latest announcements shared by our members
  • Registered members get access to Protected Forums and topics
  • Registration is free Create Account
  • If you are already a member just Sign in
To Create Account ( Click Here )
To Sign In ( Click Here )

Cash flow diagrams for the poor, the middle class, and the investor class

- - - - - cash flow investor savings

9 replies to this topic

fasee

Technical Analyst and Strategic Investor

• Moderators
  • 9,302 posts
  • Joined 09-November 07
  • Skin: Main Blue

Current mood: Creative
    Being poor or unable to get credit 100% of the expenses must be covered with wage income. Schematically the cash flow looks like this
    Posted Image

Thus you put your time into your work which gives you a wage income that is used to pay for stuff that goes back to you.People with a credit score can go into debt. Today almost anyone can do this. In this case debt can be use to pay for stuff and the wage can be used to pay for debt such as credit cards, car loans, mortgages, student loans, etc. This is the way most people handle their personal finance. Very few people pay cash anymore and financial success depends on being good at handling debt. Many websites will tell you how to do that.
    Posted Image
    You will notice that the debt box has a small leak of money that goes to other people. This is the price you pay for debt.

Investors don’t pay other people to use money. They are the other people. If you want to be an investor, you need to build income generating assets. Investing is mainly about escaping the need for a wage income. Initially though other people will not be paying you enough money to cover all your stuff, so your cash flow will look something like this.

Posted Image
    What can I say, I love making diagrams. Note that as soon as you have assets, you start getting an additional cash flow. If you want a larger cash flow, you need more assets. Personally I was so bent on accumulating assets that I reduced the amount of stuff I bought so I could save 75% of my wages.Once you have accumulated a sufficient amount of assets, the cash flow cycle will look like this.

Posted Image
    At this point you will be financially independent. This is the stage I am in. My assets pay all my expenses in the form of dividends and interest. In other words, other people pay for my stuff. As I keep adding to my assets, my asset based income grows larger. Since this income is larger than what I spend, the assets can compound exponentially and aid in growing my income.Note that you are only financially independent if your assets can provide you with sufficient cash to cover your “stuff”. It does you no good, if your assets are your house or if they are sitting in a retirement account where they can’t provide income. Of course I could retire in which case my cash flow would look like this.

Posted Image
    Notice the absence of a wage income. It is not needed because there will not be any creditors knocking at the door like a few steps above nor will there be any problem in putting food on the table.

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

fasee

• Moderators
    • 9,302 posts
    • Joined 09-November 07

the main idea from above is from a book
    Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant: Guide to Financial Freedom

do read it for understanding where we go wrong in adopting life styles whcih put us off balance in our financial life
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

fasee

• Moderators
    • 9,302 posts
    • Joined 09-November 07

a simple chart of how much shud be your savings rate and how much 1 year of sustainable saving rate can earn how much time of retired living based on your savings

( inlfation approx 12 % being netted off by 12 % retun on that savings portion for sake of easy understanding )

Expenses....Savings........For every 1......You get saving
    Rate..............rate...........year of work........X years free
    90%...............10%................1....................0.11
    80%...............20%................1....................0.25
    70%...............30%................1....................0.43
    60%.............. 40%................1....................0.67
    50%...............50%................1....................1.00
    40%...............60%................1....................1.50
    30%...............70%................1....................2.33
    20%...............80%................1....................4.00
    10%...............90%................1....................9.00

Mansoor

CAPTAIN

• Root Admin
    • 26,884 posts
    • Joined 09-January 08

Current mood: Spaced

View Postfasee, on 03 November 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

the main idea from above is from a book
    Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant: Guide to Financial Freedom

do read it for understanding where we go wrong in adopting life styles whcih put us off balance in our financial life

+1 fasee bhai, very helpful stuff and hope many will get benefit of these inputs.

The prob which most of us face is that mostly our income is equal to expenses or at times expense are more then the income. So then the Saving becomes impossible thing.

Posted Image

fasee

• Moderators
    • 9,302 posts
    • Joined 09-November 07

View PostMansoor, on 03 November 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

+1 fasee bhai, very helpful stuff and hope many will get benefit of these inputs.

The prob which most of us face is that mostly our income is equal to expenses or at times expense are more then the income. So then the Saving becomes impossible thing.

sir jee am thinking of conducting a workshop for my people on these line sexactly..as i see alot of peopel jin ka yeh comon masla ahi ke savings zero hain..... sara kasoor inflation ka ya govt ka nahee hai... hamaay apnay contorl me kafi margin for improvement hota hai....

i wud like to conduct a basic survey on these guidelines to see how i can help

ishaq333

• Senior
    • 1,400 posts
    • Joined 02-June 13

Current mood: Curious

View Postfasee, on 03 November 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

a simple chart of how much shud be your savings rate and how much 1 year of sustainable saving rate can earn how much time of retired living based on your savings

( inlfation approx 12 % being netted off by 12 % retun on that savings portion for sake of easy understanding )

Expenses....Savings........For every 1......You get saving
    Rate..............rate...........year of work........X years free
    90%...............10%................1....................0.11
    80%...............20%................1....................0.25
    70%...............30%................1....................0.43
    60%.............. 40%................1....................0.67
    50%...............50%................1....................1.00
    40%...............60%................1....................1.50
    30%...............70%................1....................2.33
    20%...............80%................1....................4.00
    10%...............90%................1....................9.00

Gud Work Fasee bhai.

Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE) Daily Reports

Top Pakistani Sites        Haroof Top Sites    Promoted at Global Promote

Indemnity, Disclaimer & Disclosure Notice:
    • By visiting TeziMandee.com you indicate your acceptance of our Forum Rules Disclaimer & Disclosure and indemnify TeziMandee.com, its associates and related parties of all claims howsoever resulting from the usage of the forum.
    Disclaimer: Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility. TeziMandee.com will not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.
    Disclosure: The information in this forum is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.
    • All names or products mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Copyright © 2006 - 2012, TeziMandee.com All Rights Reserved.
    eXTReMe Tracker