Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders

Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get latest news on Karachi Stock Market
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Registered member get added in mailing list for mailing updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Be the first to know the KSE latest announcements shared by our members
  • Registered members get access to Protected Forums and topics
  • Registration is free Create Account
  • If you are already a member just Sign in
To Create Account ( Click Here )
To Sign In ( Click Here )

Investify Stocks -- Android App

- - - - -

11 replies to this topic

Research Doctor

Research Analyst

• Moderators
  • 4,148 posts
  • Joined 02-February 10
  • Skin: Main Blue

Current mood: Relaxed

View Postdejavu, on 14 November 2015 - 12:49 AM, said:

Hi All,

I am the person behind the Investify Stocks app (www.investify.pk) for Android. I was trying to open a new thread to get feedback and suggestions for the app but since I am new on this forum, I do not have the permission to start one. Maybe an administrator can give the right - your suggestions will only help me make it better, as I myself felt a quality app was missing. Currently, I am getting really good response on the app so working to improve it further.

Thanks

It is immense pleasure to see u here on forum.
    On ur genuine wish to get feed back on ur excellent software, i am making the desired thread for u.

Investify Stocks is an excellent android app for keeping track of the market, while away from home., on android mobiles.

My suggestions:
    1. If feed can be made self-refreshing, it would be much better. e.g. auto-refreshing after every 30-seconds or one minute. Currently the users have to manually refresh.
    2. Futures stocks are not included in the software. e.g. If i want to see FFC-NOV, it is not possible. these need to be added in software.

I saw these two major deficiencies.

However many more additions can be made if possible e.g.One addition may be the ability to see "market by order" and "market by price" facility.

Also a message at close of market is recieved, that seems to be a "closing note".... but when clicked, it opens the "market" window of the software. No report opens. This may be rectified so that we may be able to read reports/analysis on market close.

stock.genious

• Senior
    • 1,366 posts
    • Joined 05-May 14

Current mood: Monday Blues
    I have also heard abut this app... looking fwd to install it n will then give my feedback

Rehan sh

• Senior
    • 1,488 posts
    • Joined 28-May 14

Current mood: Cool
    kindly go through the aplications mentioned below,you will find a lots of things that will help you to create perfect app.

investing.com (best)
    scstarde
    azeepero
    ft.com

etc.
    Note:Do your due diligence before making any investment decision.

Thank You & Regards
    Rehan Sh

Research Doctor

Research Analyst

• Moderators
    • 4,148 posts
    • Joined 02-February 10

Current mood: Relaxed

View PostRehan sh, on 14 November 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

kindly go through the aplications mentioned below,you will find a lots of things that will help you to create perfect app.

investing.com (best)
    scstarde
    azeepero
    ft.com

etc.
    Rehan bhai perhaps u have not correctly understood. Have u used "Investify stocks"? This is a software used on mobiles.

Above are not android mobile apps, These are stock websites.

Ahsanullah

• 81 posts
    • Joined 30-January 12

Current mood: None chosen
    It is realy good software but its response slow on mobil data while on wifi it is good

dejavu

• 3 posts
    • Joined 14-November 15

Current mood: None chosen
    @Research Doctor: Thank you for your nice words.

Regarding your suggestions, I can easily integrate auto-refresh, however, I am currently getting data from a 3rd party. I do not want to overwhelm that source with auto-refreshing, or else this app might be banned. I am doing this app part time (do not even belong to the finance / programming field) so I can't afford direct expensive feed from KSE. However, in the future if this becomes possible the first feature I would integrate is auto-refresh.

On the second suggestion of futures, I do have access to futures data but since futures change every month, I will have to make significant changes to the back-end structure of this app. However, I do intend to implement this feature once I am done with the initial requests I have gotten on various things through email. Can you please help me in how to show futures data? Should it be included in the search and the stocks list (which I think will make it confusing) or maybe it can be shown through the index selection dropdown? What about watchlist and portfolio?

For your other suggestion of market by order and market by price, can you please explain this more? Currently, there is a 'Sort by highest / lowest volume' and 'Sort by highest / lowest price' in the stocks list through the drop down. Maybe you are asking for something else, in which case kindly explain.

Finally, the notification at market close is generated automatically with a specific format. I do not intend to make this app a research one just yet, since that will require full time work from me, which is not possible right now considering I have a full time job. Please do let me know if you have any suggestions?

Also, thank you for your feedback and opening this thread. I will try and post the updates I do to the app here so I can keep on getting feedback (Currently I have a huge list of improvements to do, for example edit/delete in portfolio, improvement in news section, adding announcements (different types) etc.

@Ahsanullah: The app is designed with 3G or Wi-Fi use preferably. If you are using edge, the refresh will be slow. I am using Telenor 3G and currently it takes 2-3 seconds to update majority of the times. Sometimes when it is slow for all, it is generally due to the data source, in which case I am afraid I cannot do much. Also, most complains of slow refresh are from Ufone users (Ufone 3G is generally of very poor quality). Which one do you use?

Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE) Daily Reports

Top Pakistani Sites        Haroof Top Sites    Promoted at Global Promote

Indemnity, Disclaimer & Disclosure Notice:
    • By visiting TeziMandee.com you indicate your acceptance of our Forum Rules Disclaimer & Disclosure and indemnify TeziMandee.com, its associates and related parties of all claims howsoever resulting from the usage of the forum.
    Disclaimer: Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility. TeziMandee.com will not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.
    Disclosure: The information in this forum is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.
    • All names or products mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Copyright © 2006 - 2012, TeziMandee.com All Rights Reserved.
    eXTReMe Tracker