Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders

Welcome to Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of Tezi Mandee - Community Of Pakistani Investors & Traders by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Get latest news on Karachi Stock Market
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Registered member get added in mailing list for mailing updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Be the first to know the KSE latest announcements shared by our members
  • Registered members get access to Protected Forums and topics
  • Registration is free Create Account
  • If you are already a member just Sign in
To Create Account ( Click Here )
To Sign In ( Click Here )

Investify Stocks -- Android App

- - - - -

11 replies to this topic

Research Doctor

Research Analyst

• Moderators
  • 4,148 posts
  • Joined 02-February 10
  • Skin: Main Blue

Current mood: Relaxed

View Postdejavu, on 14 November 2015 - 11:33 PM, said:

@Research Doctor: Thank you for your nice words.

Regarding your suggestions, I can easily integrate auto-refresh, however, I am currently getting data from a 3rd party. I do not want to overwhelm that source with auto-refreshing, or else this app might be banned. I am doing this app part time (do not even belong to the finance / programming field) so I can't afford direct expensive feed from KSE. However, in the future if this becomes possible the first feature I would integrate is auto-refresh.

On the second suggestion of futures, I do have access to futures data but since futures change every month, I will have to make significant changes to the back-end structure of this app. However, I do intend to implement this feature once I am done with the initial requests I have gotten on various things through email. Can you please help me in how to show futures data? Should it be included in the search and the stocks list (which I think will make it confusing) or maybe it can be shown through the index selection dropdown? What about watchlist and portfolio?

For your other suggestion of market by order and market by price, can you please explain this more? Currently, there is a 'Sort by highest / lowest volume' and 'Sort by highest / lowest price' in the stocks list through the drop down. Maybe you are asking for something else, in which case kindly explain.

Finally, the notification at market close is generated automatically with a specific format. I do not intend to make this app a research one just yet, since that will require full time work from me, which is not possible right now considering I have a full time job. Please do let me know if you have any suggestions?

Also, thank you for your feedback and opening this thread. I will try and post the updates I do to the app here so I can keep on getting feedback (Currently I have a huge list of improvements to do, for example edit/delete in portfolio, improvement in news section, adding announcements (different types) etc.

@Ahsanullah: The app is designed with 3G or Wi-Fi use preferably. If you are using edge, the refresh will be slow. I am using Telenor 3G and currently it takes 2-3 seconds to update majority of the times. Sometimes when it is slow for all, it is generally due to the data source, in which case I am afraid I cannot do much. Also, most complains of slow refresh are from Ufone users (Ufone 3G is generally of very poor quality). Which one do you use?

Thanks for detailed reply.
    Here are some explanations required:

1. @ live data feed/ auto refresh: Ur financial constraints in getting data feed can be comprehended, so its is fine to be limited within the budget/no-budget limits.
    2. For futures, it would be sufficient to have the ability to add in "Watchlist".
    However if u can be able to show all active futures stocks to a separate menu just like existing menus "today" "market" "stocks" "watchlist"........... here add another "futures market". However add only monthly based, deliverable futures stocks, in which active trading occurs. No need for 90-days cash settled and weekly futures, as there is no active trading in those.
    3. "market by order" and "market by price" are the terms used for the ability of a trader to see the 10 existing orders for a specific stock. e.g. u know that on screen we can see one bid (buy) and one ask (sell) order. But there are hundreds of orders in the row, of traders wanting to buy at lower rates and wanting to sell at higher rates. KSE allows to see 10-orders with volumes through the brokers trading software. Here "market by order" means overall 10 orders behind me in the row. And market by price means 10 orders with price values and volumes, in the order row.
    Example: I am seeing a buy order of 500 FFC on screen on 125. But i dont know what is the next buy order? Should i decide to buy on 125.01 or not? Through market by price, i see that there is an order placed for 10000 shares at 124.99, 5000 @ 124.95 etc. So i would know that stock is not going to fall below 125, so i should hurry up to buy.
    Similarly If i see that below 125, the next order is at Rs 124 for 1000 shares and next order is at 123.5 and a strong order of 5000 shares is at 122.8. So my strategy would be to wait and buy near 122.85. I shall place my buying order here.
    Similar will be the strategy for selling.
    So this facility helps us to decide in our trades, whether to hurry up for a trade or wait..... what would be a good buy/bad buy etc.

HOPE u understand these terms now.

I am using mobilink 3G. it has the highest speed. I have no issue of speed/refreshing etc.

kbashir56

• 183 posts
    • Joined 21-August 13

Current mood: None chosen

View Postdejavu, on 14 November 2015 - 11:33 PM, said:

@Research Doctor: Thank you for your nice words.

Regarding your suggestions, I can easily integrate auto-refresh, however, I am currently getting data from a 3rd party. I do not want to overwhelm that source with auto-refreshing, or else this app might be banned. I am doing this app part time (do not even belong to the finance / programming field) so I can't afford direct expensive feed from KSE. However, in the future if this becomes possible the first feature I would integrate is auto-refresh.

On the second suggestion of futures, I do have access to futures data but since futures change every month, I will have to make significant changes to the back-end structure of this app. However, I do intend to implement this feature once I am done with the initial requests I have gotten on various things through email. Can you please help me in how to show futures data? Should it be included in the search and the stocks list (which I think will make it confusing) or maybe it can be shown through the index selection dropdown? What about watchlist and portfolio?

For your other suggestion of market by order and market by price, can you please explain this more? Currently, there is a 'Sort by highest / lowest volume' and 'Sort by highest / lowest price' in the stocks list through the drop down. Maybe you are asking for something else, in which case kindly explain.

Finally, the notification at market close is generated automatically with a specific format. I do not intend to make this app a research one just yet, since that will require full time work from me, which is not possible right now considering I have a full time job. Please do let me know if you have any suggestions?

Also, thank you for your feedback and opening this thread. I will try and post the updates I do to the app here so I can keep on getting feedback (Currently I have a huge list of improvements to do, for example edit/delete in portfolio, improvement in news section, adding announcements (different types) etc.

@Ahsanullah: The app is designed with 3G or Wi-Fi use preferably. If you are using edge, the refresh will be slow. I am using Telenor 3G and currently it takes 2-3 seconds to update majority of the times. Sometimes when it is slow for all, it is generally due to the data source, in which case I am afraid I cannot do much. Also, most complains of slow refresh are from Ufone users (Ufone 3G is generally of very poor quality). Which one do you use?
    A very useful and commendable effort by dejavu.should be supported by the knowledgeable.

StockSensor

• Starter
    • 17 posts
    • Joined 23-July 15

RD Bhai ... Nice analysis

safwan.amin

• Junior
    • 33 posts
    • Joined 15-November 15

i am using this app. one of the best app of stock exchange

irfand

• Junior
    • 82 posts
    • Joined 25-November 14

InshaAllah will promote your App

ahmedkhan

Technical Analyst

• Senior
    • 998 posts
    • Joined 01-November 14

Current mood: Amused
    @dejavu nice app bro. What are the possibility to have trends with few indicators such as RSI etc?

Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE) Daily Reports

Top Pakistani Sites        Haroof Top Sites    Promoted at Global Promote

Indemnity, Disclaimer & Disclosure Notice:
    • By visiting TeziMandee.com you indicate your acceptance of our Forum Rules Disclaimer & Disclosure and indemnify TeziMandee.com, its associates and related parties of all claims howsoever resulting from the usage of the forum.
    Disclaimer: Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility. TeziMandee.com will not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.
    Disclosure: The information in this forum is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.
    • All names or products mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Copyright © 2006 - 2012, TeziMandee.com All Rights Reserved.
    eXTReMe Tracker